Creator Talks with Drea Wheeler
We chatted with former track-and-field star turned celebrity trainer and Clout Jam user, Drea Wheeler to get more insight into her success building her creator business. It's not just the 344k instagram following she's built, but the fact that no matter her audience size, Drea continuously keeps it reel and relatable.
We chatted with former track-and-field star turned celebrity trainer and Clout Jam user, Drea Wheeler to get more insight into her success building her creator business. It's not just the 344k instagram following she's built, but the fact that no matter her audience size, Drea continuously keeps it real and relatable.
This American import has travelled the world motivating people to get into shape using her southern charm for over 15 years, all while working as an ambassador for multiple charities. We're slightly in awe that super woman Drea Wheeler even has time to respond to her DMs while holding 12 different fitness certifications (and a degree in criminology!) and her thriving trademarked fitness business bodylicious™.
If you're anything like us, chances are you want a big order of what ever Drea is having. Here are some of her tips and pointers on the creator world today.
1. Drea, in honour of Black History Month, can you share with us what it been like for you as a black creator, media personality and business owner in 2021?
"It has been a dynamic start to the year with the industry adjusting quickly to online formats. It's been fun redefining myself in each realm. "
2. I'm sure you are a role model for so many young creatives, athletes and business owners, but can you share who some of you role models are?
"Oprah and Jane Fonda. Two women who have been able to pave the path by being successful in so many different disciplines in life. The ultimate Renaissance WOMEN. What I aim to be."
3. After years as an entrepreneur and now distinguished thought leader, what is one thing you wish you knew when you were starting your creator career?
"I wish I knew that it could grow to become a successful business IF I ran it like one. I would always treat being a creator as if it was a hobby. Now that I run it in a professionally-organized manner similar to my other businesses, it has become as successful as them."
4. How do you decide which brands and partners to work with?
"I only partner with brands that I would recommend to my close friends and family. That Simple."
5. What keeps you motivated on a day to day?
"My happiness. I like what I do for a living so having the opportunity to wake up everyday and scale my business motivates me. "
6. What's the number one career tip you would give to anyone today starting their business online?
"KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE. Know who your market audience is and then narrow your advertising towards them. Not everyone is your customer, so do whatever you can to focus on those who are."
7. Is there anything else you would want to share with our community?
"Be your true self. That is when you will have joy in what you do."